Types of Visa and Documents Required for Visa Application
Tourists who wish to stay in the UAE for more than 14 days or those coming on family or business visits can apply for Visit Visas. These are valid for either 30 days (short term visit visa) or 90 days (long term visit visa). Both visas are non-renewable. Apart from the visa fees, a deposit is to be paid by the local sponsor/relative/resident which is reimbursed after the Visit Visa holder has left the country.
- 90-Day Long-Term Visit Visa for individuals is valid for 60 days from the issue date and non-renewable. Valid for 90 days from the arrival date and non-renewable
- 30-Day Short-Term Visit Visa for individuals is valid for 30 days from the issue date and non-renewable. Valid for 30 days from the arrival date and non-renewable
Multiple-entry Visas are issued to cruise ship passengers since their schedule entitles them to enter the country more than once in a single trip. Such visas are also issued to business visitors who are frequent visitors to the UAE due to their ties with a multinational company or a reputable local company. Multiple-entry Visas are valid for six months from the date of issue and the duration of each stay is 30 days. The visa is non-renewable. The individual must enter the UAE on a Visit Visa and then obtain a Multiple-entry Visa.
Transit passengers stopping at the UAE airports for a minimum of 8 hours are eligible for a 96 hour Transit Visa. A valid onward ticket is required. Passport and other travel documents should be valid for at least three months.
Business visa is for those who are planning to visit Italy for temporary work related purposes i.e. visiting a business/company to have meetings, to make business deals, to recruit or other similar activities, you will need to hold an Italy Business Visa.
Visa for Sports, Cultural Activities or Film Crew:
This is a special type of visa given to applicants who want to travel to Italy to participate in cultural or sporting events. In addition to that, this visa additionally allows consent to film group to shoot a film in Italy.
You can apply for a student visa if you are over 18 years old. This category of visas is required only for applicants who intend to study in an Italian educational institution, conduct research or even undergo some kind of educational training and internship for a specific amount of time.
Documents Required (Individuals):
- Clear passport copy of the sponsor
- Clear passport copy of the sponsored person
- A copy of the salary certificate or employment contract of the sponsor (resident) must be attached
- Proof of family relationship (kinship)
- Travel insurance
- Copy of confirmed flight booking
- Bank approval letter
- Passport-sized colour photographs
- Visa fee
- Visa application form, duly filled
Rules and Conditions:
• Entry into the UAE is subject to immigration approval.
• The ticket is non-refundable if the visa has been issued and utilised.
• Visa processing time is approximately three to four working days.
• Visa fees once paid are non-refundable